THE WIDE RANGE OF MOTHERHOOD
This morning at Hardy Street Baptist Church, we welcomed the congregation by reading an excerpt of an article by Amy Young on the "Wide Range of Motherhood". Several people asked about getting a copy, so here it is.
• To those who gave birth this year to their first child—we celebrate with you.
• To those who lost a child this year – we mourn with you.
• To those who are in the trenches with little ones every day and wear the badge of food stains – we appreciate you.
• To those who experienced loss through miscarriage, failed adoptions, or running away—we mourn with you.
• To those who walk the hard path of infertility, fraught with pokes, prods, tears, and disappointment – we walk with you. Forgive us when we say foolish things. We don’t mean to make this harder than it is.
• To those who are foster moms, mentor moms, & spiritual moms – we need you
• To those who have warm and close relationships with your children – we celebrate with you.
• To those who have disappointment, heartache, and distance with your children – we sit with you.
• To those who lost their mothers this year – we grieve with you.
• To those who experienced abuse at the hands of your own mother – we acknowledge your experience.
• To those who lived through driving tests, medical tests, and the overall testing of motherhood – we are better for having you in our midst.
• To those who are single and long to be married and mothering your own children – we mourn that life has not turned out the way you longed for it to be
• To those who step-parent – we walk with you on these complex paths.
• To those who envisioned lavishing love on grandchildren -yet that dream is not to be, we pray patiently with you.
• To those who will have emptier nests in the upcoming year – we grieve and rejoice with you.
• To those who placed children up for adoption — we commend you for your selflessness and remember how you hold that child in your heart.
• And to those who are pregnant with new life, both expected and surprising –we anticipate with you.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK / UPCOMING
Church Directory Photography starts this week!
Women's Ministry Conference June 3rd
VBS - June 12-16