Godliness and Grandparenting, part 2
BLESSING FUTURE GENERATIONS
The generational impact of our lives is not something we often stop and consider...but it should be! Your life, your choices, your actions today can impact (for better or for worse) future generations of your family! Today, we consider another of the four roles of a godly Grandparent. These are adapted from Extreme Grandparenting by Tim & Darcy Kimmel with my additional commentary.
God wants you to be a BLESSING GIVER
"The memory of the righteous will be a blessing…" -Prov. 10:7
Be a Blessing Giver:
- praying for them and with them
- encouraging them in their growth and gifts
- valuing them as God’s special creation
- celebrating their accomplishments
- encouraging them through their struggles
- communicating unconditional love always
- providing a home where they’re always welcome
- providing arms where they’re always safe
- providing an atmosphere where they’re always accepted
One of the most significant ways that you can bless your grandchildren is to Love and serve God. Know him through his Word. Seek his wisdom. Experience his power. Become someone your grandchildren will immediately think of when they think about what it means to know and love the Lord. Let them see you following Christ.
“I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also” (2 Timothy 1:5).